Hazel McCallion Line HLRT to accommodate transit, pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles with safe convenient options. Cycling infrastructure will include a network of multi-use paths, bike lanes, and trails running along both sides of the corridor, integrating seamlessly with existing infrastructure. BikeBrampton is pleased to have successfully advocated for active transportation in this project.
Brampton South Construction Update
The Hazel McCallion Line will be a 18km light rail transit connection between Port Credit in south Mississauga and Brampton Gateway transit terminal at Steeles and Hurontario. It will also include active transportation infrastructure for walking, cycling and other micro-mobility devices. Completion is scheduled for fall 2024.
Current Work being completed includes:
- Watermain and sanitary sewer relocation on Hurontario from Sir Lou Drive to Lancashire Lane
- Alectra utility relocations at Sir Lou and Lancashire Lane are now complete
- Preparations underway to install poles for overhead electrical wires at Highway #407
Upcoming work includes:
- Final completion of Operations, Maintenance, and Storage Facility, (OMSF), including preparations for the tracks to the facility along Topflight Dr. Located in Brampton just south of the 407. OMSF will act as a hub for the entire line with capacity for 42 LRT vehicles, vehicle cleaning & repair facility and material storage.
- Tree removal and road widening to accommodate guideway construction.
LRT Stops in Brampton
Of the 19 stops and stations along the Hazel McCallion Line, three are in Brampton
- Ray Lawson
- County Court
- Brampton Gateway Terminal