It’s time to register for Bike to School Week 2017!
Bike to School Week (B2SW) 2017 is a celebration of cycling and active transportation from May 29 to June 2, 2017. Schools in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon participated last year through bike rodeos, school assemblies, group rides, and more!
Check Out What Schools Tweeted
Education staff: Register at biketoschoolweek.ca by Friday April 28th to ensure that your school receives all the free promotional items!
Parents: Encourage your schools to register — send them this message!
In 2015, 148 schools across the GTHA, including 25 in Peel, registered to participate in the first B2SW ever. In 2016, that number more than doubled to 309 schools registered in the GTHA and 52 schools in Peel!
Steps to Success
- Visit biketoschoolweek.ca to register your school by FRIDAY APRIL 28, 2016. Although Bike to School Week is May 29 to June 2, schools can celebrate Bike to School Week 2016 anytime in May and June.
- Visit the “Bike to School Week: Getting Started” webpage and connect with your Public Health Nurse (SchoolHealth101@peelregion.ca)to help you plan what Bike to School Week will look like at your school.
- Receive your promotional items
- Celebrate! Be sure to tag #biketoschool in your tweets!
- Fill out the School Reporting Survey by June 12th (you will receive it after you register). It’s the only way we know how you did and provides the data we need to continue the campaign next year! The survey is approved by the Peel District School Board and Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board Research Committees
- Receive a Bike to School Week 2017 Participation plaque to display at your school!
Get Started -- Register