Peel Bike to School Week
Bike to School Week May 25-29, 2020 – details coming soon
We’ve had amazing success with Bike to School Week in Peel the past few years. In 2016, we were pleased to have 52 schools registered in Peel Region. In 2017, we were blown away when 152 schools registered – amazing! But could we do it again? In 2018, we not only met but surpassed 2017’s numbers, with a new record of 165 schools participating in Bike to School Week across Peel.
The question heading into 2019 was – could Bike to School Week really get bigger in Peel? Are students, teachers, and parents across Peel still excited enough about celebrating cycling to help us beat our impressive registration total from 2018?
We’re excited to announce that, with four weeks still left before Bike to School Week 2019 officially begins, that we have set a new record in Peel with 171 schools already registered for Bike to School Week!
|Peel Schools Registered for Bike to School Week 2019 by…|
|83 in Mississauga||97 PDSB||146 Elementary|
|76 in Brampton||74 DPCDSB||9 Middle|
|12 in Caledon||0 other||16 Secondary|
Many thanks for all of the hard work and dedication of our amazing partners who have helped us achieve this new record! But our work is not done yet – remember our goal this year is 180 schools, so we still need more schools to sign up to surpass this target! Also, only the first 180 schools who register by this Friday, May 3rd are guaranteed a Walk + Roll Peel prize pack, so schools should register ASAP to make sure they don’t miss out.
Also, a reminder that schools that register for Bike to School Week are also able to apply for free bike racks through Peel’s School Bicycle Parking Program. Click here for details, including a copy of the application form. Schools must apply by June 14th, 2019 in order to have bike racks installed by Fall 2019.
How can you help us continue to grow Bike to School Week in 2019?
- Is a school you know registered? Check here for live updates or review the attached pdf
- Are they registered? YES!! How can you support their campaign?
- Interested in supporting a school but not sure how?
- With your support, schools in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon participated last year through bike rodeos, school assemblies, group rides, and more! Many schools shared their amazing events on Twitter. Get Inspired here. Is there specific support you can offer schools participating? Let us know and we can let registered schools know!
- Check out the Bike to School Week Getting Started page for the Guide for Schools as well as links to lesson plans, handouts, videos, customizable event posters.
- Are there additional opportunities for us to promote Bike to School Week through your networks (an article in a newsletter? A presentation to key stakeholders?) Please get in touch!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!