Peel Bike to School Week
Peel Bike to School Week May 28 – Jun 1, 2018
It’s time to register for Bike to School Week 2018!
On behalf of the Region of Peel, we’d like to invite your school to participate in Bike to School Week (B2SW) 2018, a celebration of cycling and active transportation from May 28 to June 1, 2018. More than 100 schools in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon participated last year through bike rodeos, school assemblies, group rides, and more! Check out what schools tweeted here. Register at biketoschoolweek.ca!
Resources available to schools that register, include:
Promotional items (While supplies last, register early!):
o Bike helmets
o Bike to School Week stickers
o Walk + Roll Peel Bike Bells
o Walk + Roll Peel Bike Lights
o Walk + Roll Peel Water bottles
o Bicycle-Shaped pins
o Trip Tracking poster to display at your school to have students celebrate biking to and from school
o Walk/Bike distance maps for your specific school (if you haven’t received one before)
Schools that complete the School Reporting Survey will receive a Bike to School Week 2017 Participation plaque
Steps to Success:
1) Visit biketoschoolweek.ca to register your school by FRIDAY APRIL 28. Although Bike to School Week is May 29 to June 2, schools can celebrate Bike to School Week 2016 anytime in May and June.
2) Visit the “Bike to School Week: Getting Started” webpage and connect with your Public Health Nurse (SchoolHealth101@peelregion.ca)to help you plan what Bike to School Week will look like at your school.
3) Receive your promotional items
4) Celebrate!!! Be sure to tag #biketoschool in your tweets!
5) Fill out the School Reporting Survey by June 12th (you will receive it after you register). It’s the only way we know how you did and provides the data we need to continue the campaign next year! The survey is approved by the Peel District School Board and Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board Research Committees
6) Receive a Bike to School Week 2017 Participation plaque to display at your school!
Please contact email@example.com with any questions!