EcoAction National Webinar Cycling in 4 Canadian Communities
“If you Build it, they will Come: Increasing Cycling, Reducing Emissions”
Brampton City Hall WT-2C, Wed Mar 28, 2018 7pm. Learn about successful initiatives in Edmonton, Brampton, Montreal and Halifax. Share your successes and ask questions.
Canada Bikes in partnership with BikeBrampton invites you to attend! This project was undertaken with the financial support of Environment and Climate Change Canada.
Meet and hear from the four Canadian communities involved in increasing cycling in their communities through this federally funded initiative. Each city team is approaching the objective of encouraging locals to switch from car use to bikes for some or most of their transportation needs in a unique way. There have been numerous successes. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from others about how to help residents choose and maintain cycling as part of their transportation routines.
Come in person to City Hall, West Tower Room 2C!
- There is free bicycle parking in the underground garage at City Hall
- If you want to join the event and cannot come in person, there are only 50 spots available from across Canada, for calling in to the webinar
- Join via the Canada Bikes website link to ClickMeeting.com
EcoAction National Webinar Schedule:
- Welcome from Judi Varga-Toth, Executive Director Canada Bikes, National Project Manager
- Kelsey Lane, Halifax Cycling Coalition
- Geoffrey Bush, Coalition Velo Montreal Cycling Coalition
- David Laing, BikeBrampton
- Anna Ho, Paths for People, Edmonton
- Questions and Answers
Brampton Bike Hub:
BikeBrampton wishes to thank their local partners in the Brampton Bike Hub: PCHS (Punjabi Community Health Services), Region of Peel Walk+Roll, The Bikeport and of course, all our amazing volunteer members of BikeBrampton, mentors and protégés. City of Brampton is thanked for providing the webinar room and promoting the Brampton Bike Hub. For more information on the Brampton Bike Hub and our Pedalwise and BikeWrx programs.