Bike the Creek Event June 18, 2016
Register now! for our signature event
Join hundreds of cyclists in fun family ride through the spectacular valleys, trails and historic landmarks of Brampton and Caledon. Bike the Creek is a FREE event aimed at encouraging people of all ages to discover the joys of cycling. Registration starts from 7:30am at Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, 292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton. Collect passport stamps for chances at prizes. Register before June 16th to ensure your FREE lunch.
Bike the Creek 2016 Routes:
- 11 km approx. Bike the Creek Family Ride – 10:15am start (1-2 hrs) short north route
- 16 km approx. Bike the Creek Nature Ride – 10:00am start (2-3 hrs) north route
- 25 km approx. Bike the Creek City Ride – 9:15am start (2-4 hrs) – south route
- 41 km approx. Bike the Creek End-to-End Ride – 9:00am start (3-4 hrs for experienced riders) north followed by south route
- Bike Rodeo for kids – 9:30am – 12:00pm – presented by Community Bike Centre & Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee (BCAC) CAN-BIKE Instructors
Bike the Creek 2016 showcases the Etobicoke Creek Trail, Fletcher’s Creek Trail, Brampton and Caledon’s natural valley lands, parks, stormwater ponds, and Brampton’s historically significant sites: Bovaird House, Memorial Arena and Dominion Skate Factory.
Experts from Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, City of Brampton Heritage and Town of Caledon line routes with strategic pavilions, explaining features and stamping passports for a chance to win fabulous prizes. The catered lunch is sponsored by Region of Peel and Walk + Roll Peel.
Bike the Creek Route Maps:
Click on the links to export your Route to your Device: Family Ride, Nature Ride, City Ride, End-to-End Ride. Plus link to GeoPDF mapping app for iTunes, Google Play or Windows Phone Store. Download map of route; measure distance & time to where you are going; add your photos!
- 2016 Bike the Creek Family Ride Map – follow RED dots
- 2016 Bike the Creek Nature Ride Map – follow GREEN dots
- 2016 Bike the Creek City Ride Map – follow BLUE dots
- Combine both Nature & City Ride Maps for End-to-End – follow YELLOW dots
A friendly reminder that Riders agree to ride at their own risk and are requested to sign the Bike the Creek Waiver Form before participating. Helmet use with fastened chin strap is strongly encouraged, and is mandatory for those under 18. Parents have a duty to ensure helmet use for children under 16. Riders are photographed for promotional purposes. Riders who register before June 16th are guaranteed free lunch, compliments of our Title Sponsor, Region of Peel. Routes are carefully planned and may be subject to change should situations arise. Do pay attention to Rider briefing instructions, course volunteers and route signage. All Route Rides are officially over at 1:30pm.
You are encouraged to have your bicycle professionally tuned-up so you can ride worry-free. Should you need some assistance on the day of the event, minor bike repairs will be available at registration, compliments of City of Brampton. Our mechanics were very busy last year, so plan ahead!
Prize Draw Policy:
- One draw ticket given for each Pavillion stamp received by a Rider
- Prizes to be drawn at 12:00pm and 1:30pm
- Rider must be present to win
- Noon draw tickets will not be included in the 1:30pm draw
Voluntary Donation to the Living City Foundation supporting Toronto and Region Conservation:
The Living City Foundation welcomes your voluntary donation of whatever amount you choose! See the donation box at the registration tent.
Bike the Creek Event Partners:
Bike the Creek Title Sponsor:
Bike the Creek Silver Sponsors:
Bike the Creek Sponsor:
Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee is proud to announce City of Brampton sponsorship for a series of 10 community rides this season. See the calendar and register!
We gather at Gage Park, SW corner of Main & Wellington on the last Friday of every month at 6:15pm. Learn more