Bike the Creek Event June 18, 2016
Register now! for our signature event
Bike the Creek 2016 Routes:
- 11 km approx. Bike the Creek Family Ride – 10:15am start (1-2 hrs) short north route
- 16 km approx. Bike the Creek Nature Ride – 10:00am start (2-3 hrs) north route
- 25 km approx. Bike the Creek City Ride – 9:15am start (2-4 hrs) – south route
- 41 km approx. Bike the Creek End-to-End Ride – 9:00am start (3-4 hrs for experienced riders) north followed by south route
- Bike Rodeo for kids – 9:30am – 12:00pm
Bike the Creek 2016 showcases the Etobicoke Creek Trail, Fletcher’s Creek Trail, Brampton and Caledon’s natural valley lands, parks, stormwater ponds, and Brampton’s historically significant sites: Bovaird House, Memorial Arena and Dominion Skate Factory.
Experts from Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, City of Brampton Heritage and Town of Caledon line routes with strategic pavilions, explaining features and stamping passports for a chance to win fabulous prizes. The catered lunch is sponsored by Region of Peel and Walk + Roll Peel.
Bike the Creek Route Maps:
- 2016 Bike the Creek Family Ride Map
- 2016 Bike the Creek Nature Ride Map
- 2016 Bike the Creek City Ride Map
- Combine both Nature & City Ride Maps for End-to-End
Bike the Creek 2016 Promotional Material:
A friendly reminder that Riders agree to ride at their own risk and are requested to sign the Bike the Creek Waiver Form before participating. Helmet use with fastened chin strap is strongly encouraged, and is mandatory for those under 18. Parents have a duty to ensure helmet use for children under 16. Riders are photographed for promotional purposes. Riders who register by June 16th are guaranteed free lunch, compliments of our Title Sponsor, Region of Peel. Routes are carefully planned and may be subject to change should situations arise. Do pay attention to Rider briefing instructions, course volunteers and route signage. All Route Rides are officially over at 1:30pm.
You are encouraged to have your bicycle professionally tuned-up so you can ride worry-free. Should you need some assistance on the day of the event, minor bike repairs will be available at registration, compliments of City of Brampton. Our mechanics were very busy last year, so plan ahead!
Prize Draw Policy:
- One draw ticket given for each Pavillion stamp received by a Rider
- Prizes to be drawn at 12:00pm and 1:30pm
- Rider must be present to win
- Noon draw tickets will not be included in the 1:30pm draw
Peel Police encourage you to register your bicycle serial number. In the unlikely event of theft, they will have your information on file! Forms will be available on site.
Bike the Creek Event Partners:
Bike the Creek Title Sponsor:
Bike the Creek Silver Sponsor:
Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee is proud to announce City of Brampton sponsorship for a series of 10 community rides this season. See the calendar and register!
We gather at Gage Park, SW corner of Main & Wellington on the last Friday of every month at 6:15pm. Learn more