Bike the Creek
Bike the Creek Event, June 24, 2017 – 4th annual signature ride through Brampton and Caledon!
Bike the Creek is a FREE event aimed at encouraging people of all ages to discover the joys of cycling. Join hundreds of cyclists celebrate Canada 150 in our fun family ride through the spectacular valleys, trails and historic landmarks, urban and rural settings of Brampton and Caledon.
Check-in starts from 7:30am at Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, 292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton.
Experts from Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, City of Brampton Heritage, Town of Caledon, PAMA and Credit Valley Conservation line routes with strategic pavilions, explaining features and stamping passports for a chance to win fabulous prizes. The catered lunch is sponsored by Region of Peel and Walk + Roll Peel. Play the Canada 150 Crossword Puzzle!
Bike the Creek 2017 Routes (lengths approximate):
- 11 km Bike the Creek Family Ride – registration 9:15am, start 10:15am (1-2 hrs) short north route
- 17 km Bike the Creek Nature Ride – registration 8:45am, start 10:00am (2-3 hrs) north route
- 26 km Bike the Creek City Ride – registration 8:15am, start 9:15am (2-4 hrs) – south route
- 41 km Bike the Creek End-to-End Ride – registration 8:00am, start 9:00am (3-4 hrs for experienced riders) north followed by south route
- 58 km Bike the Creek Canada 150 Ride – registration 7:30am, start 8:00am (4 hrs for VERY EXPERIENCED riders) south route followed by north route with minimally signed expanded area — you must be skilled at map reading / GPS and very confident on roads to attempt this route! Take the Canada 150 Ride are you ready Survey, to judge for yourself if this is the ride for you!
- Bike Rodeo for kids – 9:30am – 12:00pm – presented by Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee (BCAC) CAN-BIKE Instructors
Check out all the buzz … #bikethecreek … check out our ‘did you know’ quick facts!
This is a ZERO WASTE event! Please bring your own refillable water bottles! Let’s help Brampton to Grow Green
Bike the Creek 2017 pdf Route Maps:
(please see Strava Route Links & Turn-by-Turn Instructions for the latest route edits)
- Bike the Creek 2017 Family Ride – follow ORANGE tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 Nature Ride – follow GREEN tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 City Ride – follow BLUE tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 End-to-End Ride – follow YELLOW tape – (Nature followed by City Ride)
- Bike the Creek 2017 Canada 150 Ride – follow RED tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 All Rides – for comparison, here are all the 5 routes!
Bike the Creek 2017 Route Turn by Turn Instructions:
- Bike the Creek 2017 Family Ride Turn by turn instructions
- Bike the Creek 2017 Nature Ride Turn by turn instructions
- Bike the Creek 2017 City Ride Turn by turn instructions
- Bike the Creek 2017 End-to-End Ride Turn by turn instructions
- Bike the Creek 2017 Canada 150 Turn by turn instructions
Bike the Creek 2017 Strava Route Links:
- free app — view on your computer or download onto your device from these links
- Family Ride, Nature Ride, City Ride, End-to-End Ride, Canada 150 Ride
Bike the Creek 2017 Promotional Material:
A friendly reminder that Riders agree to ride at their own risk and are requested to sign the Bike the Creek Waiver Form before participating. Helmet use with fastened chin strap is strongly encouraged, and is mandatory for those under 18. Parents have a duty to ensure helmet use for children under 16. Riders are photographed for promotional purposes. Riders who register before June 16th are guaranteed free lunch, compliments of our Title Sponsor, Region of Peel. Routes are carefully planned and may be subject to change should situations arise. Do pay attention to Rider briefing instructions, course volunteers and route signage. All Route Rides are officially over at 1:30pm.
You are encouraged to have your bicycle professionally tuned-up so you can ride worry-free. Should you need some assistance on the day of the event, minor bike repairs will be available at registration, compliments of City of Brampton. Our mechanics were very busy last year, so plan ahead!
If you need to rent a bike, check out our Sponsor, Caledon Hill Cycling, for their selection of hybrid bikes! Don’t be left out because you don’t have wheels!
Bring your refillable water bottles and stay hydrated! Here are tips supplied by Brampton Fire and Emergency Services: Bike the Creek 2017 Heat Illness Information
Prize Draw Policy:
- One draw ticket given for each Pavillion stamp received by a Rider
- Prizes to be drawn at 12:00pm and 1:30pm
- Rider must be present to win
- Noon draw tickets will not be included in the 1:30pm draw
Voluntary Donation to the Living City Foundation supporting Toronto and Region Conservation
Whatever you can afford! See the donation box at the registration tent.