Bike the Creek
Bike the Creek Event, June 23, 2018 – 5th annual signature ride through Brampton and Caledon! – save the date
Bike the Creek is a FREE event aimed at encouraging people of all ages to discover the joys of cycling. Join hundreds of cyclists in our fun family ride through the spectacular valleys, trails and historic landmarks, urban and rural settings of Brampton and Caledon.
Mark your calendar & stayed tuned for registration link – we’re hard at work planning 2018!
Check out our 2017 blog post!
We have left the 2017 details posted below, so you can still download routes at your leisure. We are revamping the routes and will post revisions once available…
Parking: Parking is available at Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre. Additional parking at Heart Lake Secondary School and Conestoga Public School to the south of the recreation centre. If these lots are full you may park in designated parking zones on the east or west side of Conestoga Dr.
Check-in starts from 7:30am at Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, 292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton. Please check-in at the time suitable for your chosen route. You do not need to check in at 7:30 for the Nature, City, Family, or End-to-End Rides. Enjoy a little extra sleep!
Experts from Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, City of Brampton Heritage, Town of Caledon, PAMA, Credit Valley Conservation & Brampton Horticultural Society line routes with strategic pavilions, explaining features and stamping passports for a chance to win fabulous prizes. The catered lunch is sponsored by Region of Peel and Walk + Roll Peel.
Bike the Creek 2017 Routes (lengths approximate):
- 11 km Bike the Creek Family Ride – registration 9:15am, start 10:15am (1-2 hrs) short north route
- 17 km Bike the Creek Nature Ride – registration 8:45am, start 10:00am (2-3 hrs) north route
- 26 km Bike the Creek City Ride – registration 8:15am, start 9:15am (2-4 hrs) – south route
- 41 km Bike the Creek End-to-End Ride – registration 8:00am, start 9:00am (3-4 hrs for experienced riders) north route Nature Ride followed by south route City Ride
- 60 km Bike the Creek Canada 150 Ride – registration 7:30am, start 8:00am (4 hrs for VERY EXPERIENCED riders) south route City Ride, followed by minimally signed expanded area, followed by north route Nature Ride — you must be skilled at map reading/GPS and very confident on roads to attempt this route! Take the Canada 150 Ride are you ready Survey, to judge for yourself if this is the ride for you!
- Bike Rodeo for kids – 9:30am – 12:00pm – presented by Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee (BCAC) CAN-BIKE Instructors
Check out all the buzz … #bikethecreek … check out our ‘did you know’ quick facts!
This is a ZERO WASTE event! Please bring your own refillable water bottles! Let’s help Brampton to Grow Green
Bike the Creek 2017 pdf Route Maps:
(please see Strava Route Links & Turn-by-Turn Instructions for latest route edits)
- Bike the Creek 2017 Family Ride – follow ORANGE tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 Nature Ride – follow GREEN tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 City Ride – follow BLUE tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 End-to-End Ride – follow YELLOW tape – (Nature followed by City Ride)
- Canada 150 Ride 2017 v2 – follow RED tape
- Bike the Creek 2017 All Rides – for comparison, here are all the 5 routes!
Bike the Creek 2017 Route Turn by Turn Instructions:
Bike the Creek 2017 Strava Route Links:
Bike the Creek 2017 GEO pdf Avenza Map Links:
- free app for downloading these map links to your device. You can find also with keywords ‘trca’ or ‘bike the creek’. For End-to-End Ride, download both Nature and City Rides!
- Bike the Creek Nature and Family Ride Avenza Map GEO pdf
- Bike the Creek City Ride Avenza Map GEO pdf
- Bike the Creek Canada 150 Avenza Map GEO pdf
Bike the Creek 2018 Promotional Material
A friendly reminder that Riders agree to ride at their own risk and are requested to sign the 2017 Bike the Creek Waiver Form before participating. Helmet use with fastened chin strap is strongly encouraged, and is mandatory for those under 18. Parents have a duty to ensure helmet use for children under 16. Riders are photographed for promotional purposes. Riders who register before June 16th are guaranteed free lunch, compliments of our Title Sponsor, Region of Peel. Routes are carefully planned and may be subject to change should situations arise. Do pay attention to Rider briefing instructions, course volunteers and route signage. All Route Rides are officially over at 1:30pm.
You are encouraged to have your bicycle professionally tuned-up so you can ride worry-free. Should you need some assistance on the day of the event, minor bike repairs will be available at registration, compliments of City of Brampton. Our mechanics were very busy last year, so plan ahead!
If you need to rent a bike, check out our Sponsor, Caledon Hills Cycling, for their selection of hybrid bikes! Don’t be left out because you don’t have wheels!
Bring your refillable water bottles and stay hydrated! Here are tips supplied by Brampton Fire and Emergency Services: Bike the Creek 2017 Heat Illness Information
2017 Prize Draw Policy:
- One draw ticket given for each Pavillion stamp received by a Rider
- Prizes to be drawn at 12:45pm and 1:30pm
- Rider must be present to win
- 12:45pm draw tickets will not be included in the 1:30pm draw
Voluntary Donation to the Living City Foundation supporting Toronto and Region Conservation
Whatever you can afford! See the donation box at the registration tent.
2018 Bike the Creek Event Partners:
Bike the Creek Title Sponsor:
2017 Bike the Creek Sponsors:
Caledon Hills Cycling & Nordic Centre