This agenda offers an important update… to the Active Transportation Master Plan! More on that under Other/New Business / Information Items.
There will be a presentation by Lisa Stokes, Member, about Cycling Infrastructure – Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton. The slide deck for this presentation shows some of the great work that’s been happening in those municipalities.
Other/New Business / Information Items
Kevin Montgomery, Co-Chair, has requested a discussion about:
- Minutes – CAN-BIKE Instructions Meeting, August 29, 2016
- Presentation to Peel Alternative School North – Follow up
- Committee Program Funding
- Ontario Good Roads Association – 2017 Conference
- Requesting Multi-use Pathways and Curb-Cuts
- Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness – Update re Bicycle Dedication to Ralf Jarchow
Lisa Stokes, Member, has requested discussion about:
- Franceschini Bridge Status
- Cycling Infrastructure on Widened Williams Parkway
There will be a discussion at the request of Nelson Cadete, Project Manager, Active Transportation, Planning and Development Services, about Active Transportation Master Plan – Proposed November Cycling Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda.
This is big news.
It looks like there will be a lot of ground to cover at the BCAC November meeting. The proposal is to discuss:
- Scope, direction, and goals of the Active Transportation Master Plan
- Input, direction, and feedback for the Active Transportation Master Plan
- Consideration of “signature projects”
- Any potential barriers to achieving a connected network
Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public, and this should be an interesting one. Please come out to see the presentations, and to ask questions!