Community Ride 2
Community Ride 2 – Loafers Lake – Jun 6 2017
Register for BCAC’s FREE community ride, your choice of 5km or 15km route, depending on your comfort level. All cyclists are welcome, whether you live in Brampton or are visiting. Come and learn about cycling in Brampton!
You are encouraged to preregister online to make our start go smoothly and quickly. However, we can accommodate you if you make a last-minute decision to join us.
Loafers Lake – Sunday May 29th 9:45am
- We meet in the parking lot at Loafers Lake Recreation Centre, at 30 Loafers Lake Lane, just north of Sandalwood Parkway E, off Conestoga Drive in the Villages of Heart Lake, Brampton.
- There will be a short safety talk before our ride starts.
- Get your postcard stamped by the Ride Leader!
- Count on the 5km route taking 45 minutes and the 15km ride taking 1 ½ hours.
- Route lengths and times to complete, are of course, approximate.
- if you have to leave the route, please notify the Ride Sweep, who will be trying to keep count of our riders!
- We return to Baskin Robbins 170 Sandalwood Parkway E, in the plaza across Conestoga Drive from Loafers Lake Recreation Centre.
- A refreshment will be served compliments of City of Brampton.
- Come on out to meet your neighbours and visitors to Brampton!
Community Ride 2 -5km Route export link for your device & larger map view
Community Ride 2 -5 km Map & Route Cue Sheet – pdf of map and route directions
Community Ride 2 – 15km Route export link for your device & larger map view
Community Ride 2 -15km Map & Route Cue Sheet – pdf of map & route directions
A friendly reminder that riders agree to ride at their own risk and are requested to sign the waiver before participating. Helmet use with fastened chin strap is strongly encouraged, and is mandatory for those under 18. Parents have a duty to ensure helmet use for children under 16. Riders are photographed for promotional purposes. Riders are encouraged to register to ensure we have a refreshment waiting for you at the end of the ride. Routes are carefully planned and may be subject to change should situations arise. Do pay attention to the Ride Leader and Sweep, and have fun!
- Two hours notice will be given for cancellation (eg. due to weather)
- Cancellation will be posted on this webpage, Facebook and Twitter
- An email will be sent to registered riders
For additional questions, contact: email@example.com
Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee is hosting 10 rides between May 28th and Sept 24th.
You are invited to Bike the Creek on June 24th! – you will have a choice of rides ranging from 11km to 65km in length in our annual free signature event, partnered with City of Brampton, Town of Caledon, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority and BikeBrampton.