Template Letter: An Act to Establish a National Cycling Strategy16 Oct 2016, Posted by Brampton Cycling, Canada Cycling, Cycling Benefits - Economics, Cycling Benefits - Environment, Cycling Benefits - Health, Cycling Safety in
If you need a little help writing a letter to Brampton’s MPs in support of An Act to Establish a National Cycling Strategy, here’s a template you can use. Feel free to change it as you please to make it personal to you.
Honourable Brampton Members of Parliament.
I’m [insert name here]. I’m emailing to express my support for MP Gord Johns private Member’s Bill C-312: An Act to establish a national cycling strategy.
The benefits of a national cycling are many, including:
- Encouraging more Canadians to choose cycling as their mode of transportation;
- Improving national safety standard measures, and design standards
- Supporting the cycling industry in Canada, including manufacturing, sales, and service sectors
- Broader availability of education for cyclists, pedestrians and motorists.
- Bringing all levels of governments together with cyclists and industry to build a plan that will encourage more Canadians ride bicycles.
I agree with Gord that a National Cycling Strategy will lead to a healthier society, more livable communities, safer cycling options, reduced congestion, and significant savings for our healthcare system.[Insert any personal points you want to make to support a national cycling strategy]
Thank you for your support.[insert name here]