BCAC Agenda – October 20, 201615 Oct 2016, Posted by Brampton Cycling, Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee in
This agenda offers an important update… to the Active Transportation Master Plan! More on that under Other/New Business / Information Items.
There will be a presentation by Lisa Stokes, Member, about Cycling Infrastructure – Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington and Hamilton. The slide deck for this presentation shows some of the great work that’s been happening in those municipalities.
Other/New Business / Information Items
Kevin Montgomery, Co-Chair, has requested a discussion about:
- Minutes – CAN-BIKE Instructions Meeting, August 29, 2016
- Presentation to Peel Alternative School North – Follow up
- Committee Program Funding
- Ontario Good Roads Association – 2017 Conference
- Requesting Multi-use Pathways and Curb-Cuts
- Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness – Update re Bicycle Dedication to Ralf Jarchow
Lisa Stokes, Member, has requested discussion about:
- Franceschini Bridge Status
- Cycling Infrastructure on Widened Williams Parkway
There will be a discussion at the request of Nelson Cadete, Project Manager, Active Transportation, Planning and Development Services, about Active Transportation Master Plan – Proposed November Cycling Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda.
This is big news.
It looks like there will be a lot of ground to cover at the BCAC November meeting. The proposal is to discuss:
- Scope, direction, and goals of the Active Transportation Master Plan
- Input, direction, and feedback for the Active Transportation Master Plan
- Consideration of “signature projects”
- Any potential barriers to achieving a connected network
Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public, and this should be an interesting one. Please come out to see the presentations, and to ask questions!