The Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee agenda for July 21, 2016 is available. Take a look!
There will be a verbal presentation by Peter Fay, City Clerk, RE: Committee Meetings and
Lisa Stokes, Committee Member, will be giving a presentation RE: Cycling Advisory
Committee Accomplishments – 2016.
The Program Sub-Committee will present a report RE: Program Sub-Committee HalfYear
Report – 2016. A presentation is attached to this agenda.
Other/New Business/Information Items
Kevin Montgomery, Co-Chair, has requested discussion on the following items:
- Draft 2016/2017 Work Plan – Version 3
- Application for Bicycle Friendly Community Status with Share The Road
- Cycling Advisory Committee Presentations at Local Secondary Schools
- Peel Alternative School North
- Turner Fenton Secondary School (proposed)
- Central Peel Secondary School (proposed)
- Brampton Centennial Secondary School (proposed)
- Traffic By-law 93-93, as amended – Bike Lanes
- Requests for Information from Staff:
- Status Update – Franceschini Bridge (email attached)
- Presentation – Traffic Computer System
- Response to Questions re: Cycling Facility Paint and Signage
- Status Update – Etobicoke Creek Signage Audit
- Status Update – Active Transportation Master Plan
- Draft Letter to the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change regarding Funding for Cycling Infrastructure
There are two reports provided to the BCAC for information only from R. Moryc, Traffic Operations Technologist, Public Works, Planning and Infrastructure Services:
Traffic Calming Plan – Edenbrook Hill Drive (Sandalwood Parkway West to Bovaird Drive West) and Fernforest Drive (Sandalwood Parkway East to Bovaird Drive East) – Wards 6 and 9, dated April 19, 2016. This report was considered by the Planning and Infrastructure Services Committee on June 20, 2016 and approved by Council on June 22, 2016.
Traffic Calming Program – City Wide (File I.AC). Note: This report was considered by the Planning and Infrastructure Services Committee on June 20, 2016 and approved by Council on June 22, 2016.
An email from Leanne Ryan, Marketing Specialist, The Family Enhancement Center
(TFEC)/The Career Doctors (CD) and Butterfly Kids (BK), to BikeBrampton,
dated June 29, 2016, RE: Request to Participate in Cycling Advisory
Committee Events to Promote Counselling Services.
Correspondence from Finu Lype, Director, Bramalea Cyclefest, dated June 6,
2016, RE: Expression of Thanks to the Cycling Advisory Committee for Bike
Rodeo Training at Bramalea Cyclefest.
Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public. Please come out to see the presentations, and to ask questions!